Alright. Sidney tagged me to tell both of you who read this six unremarkable quirks about me. The rules are:
* Link the person who tagged you. (See above)
* Mention the rules in your blog. (These are they)
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours. (See below)
* Tag six bloggers by linking them. (They shall be “it”)
* Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged. (OK, that will take a little time.)
If you still care at this point, well, first, shame on you for having nothing better to do. And, second, here we go:
1) I am organized to the point of neurotic. My current fixation is a comparative flow chart of the prices of commonly purchased goods in the three different grocery stores in my area. I use this list to go from store-to-store, finding the best deals. The money saving is secondary to my sense of organizational accomplishment. Seriously.
2) I eat frozen peas when I write.
3) I have a collection of ouija boards hanging in my upstairs foyer. I never use them. While I really don’t believe much can ever happen from a previous owner’s sessions with the Other Side, I still sage them before I hang them–just in case.
4) I have a weakness for eye makeup and firmly believe Sephora is my mother ship.
5) I bought “The Anarchist Cookbook” from Amazon in a fit of rebellious anger, just so I would be put on that rumored FBI list and waste their Bradburian time.
6) Indulging in some magical thinking, I had a tattoo done over the surgery scar on my lower back. The rationale was: I was never going to let a doctor damage my ink with a scalpel, so I would just make sure I never had to have back surgery again. It’s worked so far.
Now for my victims: Christina, Spy, Steve-O, Lana, Sqt, and Kate (if you’re around). Charles, you get a link just for the hell of it, but I’m not tagging you because I know you’re not a big fan of these. But, the rest of you best pony up the goods!
November 12th, 2009 at 1:59 pm
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
June 13th, 2008 at 5:51 am
And I meant flak. It’s late. Forgive me.
June 13th, 2008 at 5:50 am
Barbara — Thanks for the pea support. I’ve gotten a lot of flack for that little revelation.
June 11th, 2008 at 11:53 pm
Wierd is very good…it sets you apart from the crowd.Eating frozen peas while I write sounds wonderful, now that the heat has arrived in Toronto. Thanks for that tip!
May 20th, 2008 at 9:15 pm
I used to be organized. Two kids, a messy husband, and a hurricane later, now I’m just neurotic. Maybe the frozen peas will help?
May 20th, 2008 at 4:45 pm
Lana — I’m heading over now to take a look. Thanks for playing!
May 20th, 2008 at 12:37 am
Interesting things. I love the “magical thinking” w/the tattoo–very cool! I’ve finally done the meme, but my 6 are pretty darned mundane…
May 19th, 2008 at 4:07 pm
Charles — Calling me weird just proves my earlier suspicion; takes one to know one! I wanted to tag you, but I was pretty sure you don’t like these things that much, so I decided not to impose. You got the symbolic “tag” instead.Steve — That’s too bad. I like emails that aren’t bills or spam (which constitute about 99.98% of my inbox). I match your tear.
May 18th, 2008 at 10:04 pm
Ha! Memed!Oh, and I was gonna send you an email, but a rejection-greeting was returned by the server. Single tear…
May 18th, 2008 at 2:53 pm
Those are some spectacular quirks. Especially the Ouija board one and the “frozen peas.” And you called “me” weird? I did buy that book on poisons for writers so maybe I’m on the list. I also bought a copy of “The Satanic Verses” so I’m probably on some list in Iran. Thankee for the link. Maybe you aren’t “that” weird. No, I take it back, you are.
May 18th, 2008 at 4:11 am
Steve — Try ’em before you go throwing around words like, “Weird.” They’re surprisingly good.Christina — I wanted to react to the foolish notion that the printed word is dangerous and readers of it must be watched. That was the best way I could figure.
May 17th, 2008 at 5:43 pm
You wanted to be on the FBI’s list? So did I, but I chickened out from buying a book on : A Writers Guide on Poisoning.Now I really wish I got gotten that book.
May 16th, 2008 at 10:30 pm
Wow, you are one weird chick… very nice, very cool, but… frozen peas?!Actually, those sound kind of good.I’ll do mine after work tonight, or tomorrow morning.
May 16th, 2008 at 9:47 pm
Sqt — I seriously doubt that (actually, I doubt those; both of your statements have zero basis in reality).
May 16th, 2008 at 6:11 pm
You are so much cooler than I am. I fear my list will be seriously boring in comparison.