Ah, kids. I didn’t make my deadline. But, I’m still happy with me. I pulled myself out of that rut, which was the most important thing. And while I’m not finished, I’m pretty damn close.
The word count meter is jacked up tonight, so I’m just going to tell you what its final count should say:
Current count: 159,000
Percent complete: 98.76
Not too shabby.
Today was rough. I had to re-write all of the chapters I came across. Only a few choice bits of information were spared the axe. Although at times I wanted to pull my hair out at the roots, or bang my head against the keyboard until rendered unconscious, I have to admit it’s for the better. I’m much more confident this ending I’m working towards is more plausible and more in tune with the rest of the story’s events. It’s also better, stronger, and faster. In fact, it’s downright bionic.
The totals for today’s hardships are as follows: Three chapters. 23 pages written (5,750 words).
I’m pretty sure this round of revisions will take me over the original word count of 161,000, but probably not by much. That number was taken before I did a second round of editing on the first half of the book, so I think the totals might still be hovering somewhere in the same area.
To everyone who wished me well, thanks. Knowing I had people cheering for me really helped keep me in line.
I’m looking forward to next week, when I’ll crank out this ending and then turn my focus on getting it polished enough to finally find that agent I’ve been yammering on about.